Sunday, February 10, 2013

Walnut Studiolo Sew On Leather Bar Wrap

Long term readers of this blog know I love sew on bar wrap (see this and this).  But suppliers of this are few and far between.  Toshi made a run a few years back, but no more of this appears available.  Velo Orange has an Elkhide offering that some seem to favor but for my purposes seems a bit rustic looking for my tastes.

Apparently Walnut Studiolo has been around for a while with their sew on bar wrap, but it just made it onto my radar screen:


Walnut Studiolo gets good reviews and the word is that the proprietor will customize a set to your tastes.  I wonder if he would make a version in thin glove leather with folded edges like the Toshi stuff for those longing for the ALMARC effect.

I guess I'll find out when I return to the U.S. in a few weeks, my incoming Fuji America is exactly the candidate for this treatment.  Here is a pic of my previous Fuji America with Toshi leather wrap:


I wonder if these guys know about the shellac trick?  Well, whether they do or not, this product alone, not to mention rave Internet review about being standup guys,  is worthy of giving Walnut Studiolo a coveted spot in the Otaku-Worthy Vendors sidebar.

No comments: