Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Outing

Here at Fuji Otaku, we write a lot about the assembly and style of bikes, which could lead some to believe that we never ride the things.

Nothing could be further from the truth - the only hangar queen around here is my Mondia and that is simply because Mrs. Otaku says that I'm still a bit too heavy to be seen on such a gorgeous machine.

So in the hopes of burning off some of that lard, we went out on a family spin today. I was riding my recently worked upon Fuji Gran Tourer pulling my son in a trailer.

Most of the riding was roads and pavement, although we got a bit of offroad at Lake Needwood. Here you can see my rig:


And here is a lovely Trek 720 with an even lovelier Mrs. Otaku.


If you can tear your eyes away from Mrs. Otaku and look closely at the front fender stay, you can see that it is bent from some forgotten mishap with a stick. If you ride long enough with fenders, this will happen. Pristine front fender stays are one indicator of a bike that isn't getting ridden enough or has an exceptionally careful rider.

And shortly after these pics were taken, the Fuji Gran Tourer had its first tangle with a stick, bending the front fender stay a little, so I guess it is broken in now.


No comments: