Monday, March 9, 2009

Scott's First Ride Of 2009

Scott Ryder, the eminent and aptly named Fuji scholar writes:

"We had a great ride yesterday. In the 50's, sunny with light wind. Potholes the size of moon craters filled with muddy water. Plus lots of snowmelt keeping the roads pretty wet. My '77 S10-S is the nearest bicycle I have to being called a "beater" but I certainly don't treat it with disrespect. It just gets the nod when I need something to be rock solid, comfortable and dependable.

My basic day touring set up. A Cannondale handlebar bag which holds my wallet, cell phone, extra tube and tire tools, camera and big enough to stow a rain jacket and misc. other stuff.



Suntour Vx GT rear, Suntour Vx front, Sugino Maxy's with drilled chain rings and MKS touring pedals.


Fujita Professional saddle with Cannondale tire sock which holds an extra water bottle.


Suntour Cyclone shifters.


The water bottle cage is one of the velcro kind, works really well and easy to switch off to my other bikes.


What it looked like when I bought it on EBay for $75 and no shipping charges.


And just so you can put a face to my emails .."

No comments: