Thursday, March 26, 2009

Matt Goes Long, Scores!

Happy tidings in today's mail:

"Hi Fuji Otaku,

After your post, I decided to try again to contact the owners of the Fuji America in Arizona. Finally, I got a response and after talking to a very kind and generous lady, I convinced them to ship the bike. Contacting their local bike store and getting everything taken care of shipping-wise really did the trick! This nice couple was just trying to sell the bike in order to give the profits to a local charity- "Wheels for Kids" - but they were nice enough to agree to go out of their way to accept a post office money order and deliver the bike to the store for me. What a wonderful couple! If only there were more people like that.

I will certainly be contacting you regarding the journey I will be going through to assemble this bike. Hopefully, this won't take too long. I can't wait to ride it. I haven't felt this giddy since proposing to my fiance. (I hope she doesn't read this. I'm not advocating that wife = bike. She is certainly the best find of my life.)


Well, I guess I will leave you with parting shots of what I am eagerly awaiting.

Cheers,


Matt
"



Dear Matt,

Wow, that was quick. And an America, which is certainly one of the most coveted Fujis. I love mine dearly and would be the one I would keep could I have only one.

I'm glad the craigslist approach worked. In my experience, keeping it easy for the sellers is key. Also, a lot of times, the idea that it is going to an enthusiast, rather than someone just waiting for their DUI driver's license suspension to expire, helps. Many of the original owners also love their old Fujis and like to see them go to someone who will appreciate them.

As I'm sure you will.

Congratulations,

Fuji Otaku

No comments: